Monday 10 February 2014


As part of our Journeys inquiry, we've been writing poems to answer the question Who am I?
Hear our voices...  


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture.
I am all that I hear my mum shouting to turn off the TV and go to sleep.
I am all that I see my little brother riding his scooter up and down the driveway.
I am all that I smell nana making food so we can get some energy yum.
I am all that I taste my dad making me noodles yum yum
I am all that I feel happy because I came on the first day of school

I am James


Who am I?


I am a CHILD OF MANY cultures.
i am all that i hear my sister blasting her music as I walk past her bedroom door.   my mum stomping down the hallway telling me and my sister to PRACTIsE our piano as i watch tv.
my sisters screaming at how cold the water is as my mum sprays us with the hose.
I am all that i see a nest in my tree built with light and dark twigs. i see my tEACHER TEACHING us all about solo.   when she first brought it up i knew i was prestructual. when i look at my mum i can see a beautiful mother with black and blonde coloured hair.
i am all that i smell my nana’s strong perfume she wears every day. i love the smell of my mum’s mint plant, every time i smell it i sneeze.  my grandpa makes the best chopsuey i love the fresh smell of it reminds me of home.
i am all that i taste i can taste my aunty’s sticky date PUDDING her pudding is very nice the best part about it is the sauce because IT’S caramel. my mum makes the best oka when i put a spoonful in my mouth i feel like all my wishes have come true. i love brownies and my cousin makes the best because he puts extra CHOCOLATE in.

i am gabrielle.



Who am I?

I am a child of two cultures
I am all that I hear my mum calling me
I am all that I see my dad napping
I am all that I smell my mum’s fried chicken
I am all that I taste my dad’s spicy hot chilli

I am Pelu



Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture 
I am all that I hear
Beautiful voices from my family as they sing with laughter.
Sounds of wheels on a bike that make me want to play.
My parents’ radio being blasted as they reverse out of the driveway.
I am all that I see
My baby niece’s glamour shines as she runs and gives me a big hug.
My grandma always having fun as she cooks a lovely Samoan dish.
My lovely family playing a nice game of volley.
I am all that I smell
My mum’s fresh cooked mince pie ready to eat by hungry people.
A delicious smelling rubber that smells like a Hubba Bubba bubble gum.
I am all that I feel
Drops of warm water when I go for a lovely shower.
Cold water being splashed on my face on a hot summer’s day.
I am all that I taste
Nice hot noodles being swooped into my mouth. Yummy.
Chewy bubble gum that makes me want more.

I am Anastasia

Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture.
I am all that I hear my mum telling me to do the dishes. I hear my dad to telling me to do my homework.
I am all that I see my dog running around in the back yard. My sister and brother at the park playing tag.
I am that I smell my dad making meatballs to eat for dinner. I smell the taste of my mum’s chicken.
I am that I taste my dad’s oka that he makes on Sunday. I can taste the chips that my sister makes.
I am all that I feel happy when I’m with my family.

I am Isimasi.


Who am I?


I am a child of the Samoan culture.
I am all that I hear my sister playing with her own video game adding  more bonus scores
my mum angrily telling my sister to turn off the video game
I am all that I see my brother playing with the tablet angry because he’s lost  bonus points.
I am all that I smell my dad’s fresh cooking from the pot.
I am all that I taste my dad’s favourite fresh cooking being served on a plate.
I am all that I feel the excited feeling I have coming home to my family.

I am Annie


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoa culture
I am all that I hear people outside talking real loud
I am all I see my baby being annoying and cheeky
I am all I taste my mum’s coconut buns
I am all that I feel like I’m learning when I am at home

I am Yasmine


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture
I am all that I hear my mum shouting at me to get up and get ready for school so that I can learn
I am all that I see  my mum baking different recipes  like chocolate cake, hard  square biscuits and fresh custard pie coming fresh out of the oven
I am all that I smell fresh sweet mamoe cooked and ready to eat
I am all that I taste lovely sweet mamoe that is soft  and it just melts in your mouth
I am all that I feel my family hugging me and loving me because they care


I am Vicki


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture
I am all that I hear the car driving loudly and quickly to school
I am all that I see the tv turned loudly and brightly
I am all that I smell curry that’s freshly made hot and looking healthy
I am all that I taste yummy carrots that’s crunchy and tasty
I am all that I feel happy and proud to be in school


I am E J


Who am I?

i am a child of a Samoan culture
I am all that I hear my nana telling me to turn off the play station
I am all that I see my mum and dad going to work brightly in the morning
I am all that I smell my mum or dad making fried chicken fresh in the morning
I am all that I taste chicken and chips being bought from my uncle
I am all that I feel my mum’s kiss on my face

I am Sesilia


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture.
I am all that I hear my dad telling me to do my homework and my reading.
I am all that see my brother playing basketball.
I am that I smell my mum cooking kaleve
I am that I taste my mum’s nice kale
I am that I feel happy when I am with my family

I am Israel


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoa culture
I am all that I hear mum saying get up for school
I am all that I see pancakes for breakfast
I am all that I smell oil from the pancakes
I am all that I  taste meat patties the normal  ones

I am Elijah M


Who am I?

I am a child of two cultures
I am all that I hear my mum telling me to turn off the TV and do my homework
I am all that I see my family playing a lot
I am all that I smell my dad making  sapasui for dinner
I am all that I taste a nice healthy sandwich
I am all that I feel the breeze coming towards me

I am Ethan 


Who am I?

I am a child of the Samoan culture                                                           
I am all that I hear my next door neighbour’s kids playing outside but me I’m just enjoying doing my homework
I am all that I see my wonderful parents helping each other with their work
I am all that I smell my mum’s delicious Cocoa rice fresh from the pot
I am all that I taste my mum’s delicious chopsuey.
I am all that I feel proud of myself when I get good marks because it makes my day

I am Dianne


Who am I?

I am a child of Samoa culture.
I am all that I hear …..
I can hear birds singing with joy.
I am all that I see …..
I see my nephew having fun.
I am all that I smell …..
I smell my dads Supo (soup) with rice.
I am all that I taste …..
I taste the yumminess in my mouth.
I am all that I feel …..
I feel amazed by my dad’s Supo and rice.

I am Jennifer.


Who am I?

I am a child of Samoan culture.
I am all that I see  my baby sister running around the trampoline as if she’s been chased
I am all that I smell the delicious Alaisa peepee (coconut rice) fresh from the oven
I am all that I taste the delicious chocolate cake freshly baked from the oven
I am all that I feel so much love from my family

I am Diana


Who am I?

I am a child of a Samoan culture
I am all that I hear
I hear birds singing
I am all that I see
Is see my nephew having fun
I am all that I see my mum when she cooks

I am Grace



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rm 32 i really liked it when you tried to see if the spiral would move if you put it over a candle. your class was trying to act like scientist and trying to see if the spiral would move without any air just the candle trying to move the spiral with its own air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little speech diana fareni but next time
    try and do another speech about something else
    like your friends and all that is in you head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work E.J maybe next time I will come and eat some curry with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elijah maninoa31 July 2014 at 15:48

    Good job room32 Israel I will come and help you with your reading hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice poem James.T. I like your poem about your little brother. I like it when you listen to your mum and turn of the T.V.
    Isimasi and Elijah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your poems.I was really amazed by your poems and learning many things about room 32.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie I like how you were explaining about what your family is like.
    I think your next step is to make a sentences that tells

    ReplyDelete